LSRN Spring workshop held Tuesday 9th May 2017 at Pearson, London.
The speakers were:
- Martin Doel, FETL Professor of Leadership in FE and Skills, UCL Institute of Education
- Ewart Keep, Chair in Education, Training and Skills and Director of SKOPE, University of Oxford
- Karen Spencer, Principal and CEO, Harlow College
- Norman Crowther, National official Post-16 Education, Association of Teachers and Lecturers
Click on their names to reach their slide presentations.
Kevin Orr, Professor of Work and Learning, University of Huddersfield, summarised the main messages of the workshop.
In discussion groups, examples were shared of ways in which research and evidence can be used to support the implementation of policy and practice.
Click here for a one page summary of the workshop released to the press.
The workshop booklet contains:
- a position paper on the theme by Norman Crowther
- a thinkpiece by Geoff Stanton on the history of qualification-led reforms
and brief summaries provided by participants, including:
- University of Derby
- Research and Practice in Adult Literacies (RaPAL)
- Designing Futures Ltd.
- Coleg Meirion Dwyfor, Wales
- Association of Colleges
- Education and Employers
- Education Endowment Foundation