Thursday 9th November 2017 at Pearson, London
A Summary and Proposal document arising from the workshop pulls together ideas put forward in discussion and outlines a series of next steps.
An article in FE Week about the workshop, and practitioner research in general, appeared on 13th November 2018.
The Event Booklet contains descriptions of research networks, organisations and people participating in the Workshop.
A Special Anniversary Booklet outlines the history and achievements of LSRN in celebration of twentieth anniversary of the first LSRN conference at Blackpool in 1997.
The Workshop Programme contains the names of presenters and the format.
The List of Networks and Organisations shows those participating in the Workshop
The Position Paper sets out the context for the Workshop discussions
Presentations by the following speakers are available:
- Norman Crowther outlines the idea of a ‘meta network’ for research in the sector
- Andrea Laszick describes the work of the Research Review Group (Edge and Employers & Education)
- Rebecca Eliahoo explains the work of TELL (Teacher Education in Lifelong Learning)
- Sam Jones outlines the work of Bedford College and #FEresearchmeet
1705 Workshop: Workplace Skills and Qualifications: evidence and policy
LSRN Spring workshop held Tuesday 9th May 2017 at Pearson, London.
The speakers were:
- Martin Doel, FETL Professor of Leadership in FE and Skills, UCL Institute of Education
- Ewart Keep, Chair in Education, Training and Skills and Director of SKOPE, University of Oxford
- Karen Spencer, Principal and CEO, Harlow College
- Norman Crowther, National official Post-16 Education, Association of Teachers and Lecturers
Click on their names to reach their slide presentations.
Kevin Orr, Professor of Work and Learning, University of Huddersfield, summarised the main messages of the workshop.
In discussion groups, examples were shared of ways in which research and evidence can be used to support the implementation of policy and practice.
Click here for a one page summary of the workshop released to the press.
The workshop booklet contains:
- a position paper on the theme by Norman Crowther
- a thinkpiece by Geoff Stanton on the history of qualification-led reforms
and brief summaries provided by participants, including:
- University of Derby
- Research and Practice in Adult Literacies (RaPAL)
- Designing Futures Ltd.
- Coleg Meirion Dwyfor, Wales
- Association of Colleges
- Education and Employers
- Education Endowment Foundation