The LSRN Spring workshop entitled:
The future of technical and professional education and training: Joining up the dots
took place on Thursday 12th May 2016 at Pearson 80, The Strand, London.
The speakers were:
- Ann-Marie Bathmaker, University of Birmingham
- Richard Boniface, RCU Ltd.
- David Corke, Association of Colleges
- Ann Hodgson, UCL Institute of Education
- Ewart Keep, SKOPE, University of Oxford
- Kevin Orr, University of Huddersfield
Discussion groups were organised on three themes which the plenary session brought together:
- Data: employer and employee demand, supply and the impact of provision
- Curriculum, pedagogy and qualifications: effectiveness of different approaches
- Institutional and structural issues: merits of management and governance arrangements
The Workshop Booklet contains brief summaries provided by speakers and participants. The latter include:
- City & Guilds of London Institute
- Association of Employment and Learning Providers
- Cambridge Assessment
- Cambridgeshire County Council, Adult Learning & Skills
- Edge Foundation
- Education and Training Foundation
- UCL Institute of Education
- University of Greenwich and University of Kent
Speakers contributions to the Workshop Booklet are here: 160524 Booklet – speakers May 2016
Summaries from participating organisations are here: 160524 Participant’s contributions to booklet – May 2016
Slides summarising key points from each speaker are here: 160510 Slides for plenary May 2016
Outputs from the workshop
Education Journal 24th May 2016 (page 6): article by Ian Nash and Sue Jones.
NFER website. Blog by Tami McCrone.
Times Educational Supplement (TES), ‘FErret’ column